There are many resources available to assist with your submission
There’s a few ways we help entrants compile award-winning submissions alongside our friends at the NSW Business Chamber. Entrants can access workshops and a webinar at no cost. Those also entering the NSW Tourism Awards can access a draft submission review program for free.
GUIDES FOR SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY ONLINE
In 2018, all submissions will be online using the same portal as the state and national tourism awards.
A comprehensive Online Portal User Guide is available to guide you through the online submission process.
Entrants can also download the Quick Start Guide, a two-page document which covers formatting your submission using the online portal.
WORKSHOPS & Webinar
During April and May, the NSW Business Chamber held workshops across the state and a webinar. These have now concluded with a replay of the webinar available for entrants to access online, see links and content outlines below.
- Award Programs
- Role of Australian Tourism Industry Council and Tourism Industry Division of NSW Business Chamber
- Award Partners
- National, State and Regional Awards
- Benefits of entering award programs
- Key Dates
- How to Enter
- 2018 Awards Portal
- Rules and Requirements
- Qualifying period
- Planning and Preparing your Submission
- What judges are looking for
- Submission content and evidence
- Components of response
- Content, evidence and structure formula
- 2018 Questions
- Question analysis
- Tips for response
- Site verifications
- Entrant Support Program
- Gala Events
- Contacts & Further Information
SUBMISSION WRITING ASSISTANCE
Download our list of businesses who can assist you with submission writing and reviews.
DRAFT SUBMISSION REVIEW
The NSW Tourism Awards offer complimentary draft submission reviews by an entrant support partner every year. We’ve partnered with them so our regional entrants can access their draft submission review program as well.
If you’ve also nominated and paid to enter the NSW Tourism Awards, you can have your submission reviewed by an entrant support partner for free.
Entrants participating in the program receive a written report with feedback from a tourism specialist who will review your submission and highlight opportunities for improvement prior to submitting your entry for judging.
Find out more about the process on the NSW Tourism Awards website.
How to get your submission reviewed
Register your interest now by emailing email@example.com. Entrant support through the draft submission review program will be available from Tuesday 1 May.
You will be required to submit a final draft version of your submission via the online portal. For maximum benefit, you should prepare the submission to the point that you are satisfied it is ready for final judging.
The allocated entrant support partner will review your draft submission and prepare feedback which is then provided within the online portal.
Our suggested timeline for review of your Regional Tourism Awards draft submission
- Register your interest as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit in early May (it’ll take up to 10 business days to receive the feedback)
- Use the feedback to improve your submission before the Regional Tourism Awards submission deadline on Friday 25 May
- Your submission will be judged in June and straight after the gala events in July you’ll receive feedback on your final submission from the judges
- Then , entrants will have approximately one week to finalise their submission for the NSW Tourism Awards and submit by Tuesday 7 August